HLAA-SARASOTA/MANATEE VOLUNTEER OPPORTUNITIES
Calling all Volunteers!
Did you know that our HLAA chapter is run completely by volunteers?
HLAA-Sarasota/Manatee hosts monthly meetings, organizes social events and participates in community outreach. Since reopening after COVID, the Chapter has grown steadily each month. To accomplish this, your support is necessary. Nothing you see at a chapter meeting or an outreach information table happens without volunteers, because we have no paid staff to do these things. We always have a need for volunteers to help put on the Chapter meetings. Vounteering is a great way to make friends and to make our Chapter strong.
There are so many ways you can make a difference, and we will gladly accept any time you can give. No amount of help is too small and every bit of help is appreciated more than you can know. Below is an image of our Volunteer Registration Form. If you would like to help, you can download the form, complete it, and give it to any HLAS Chapter member
Alternatively, you can send an email to [email protected] if you can pay it forward with your time to help educate and advocate for the 145,000 community members with hearing loss. Please type OFFER TO VOLUNTEER in the subject heading of your email message and tell us how you would like to help. It’s just that easy!
Wondering what, specifically, you could do to help? The following list is just a sampling of the many ways volunteers are needed. Please feel free to suggest other ways you can help, if nothing on this list appeals to you.
Equipment and Supplies Volunteers:
- Storing and bringing check-in table materials to every meeting (arrive 10 a.m.)
- Storing chapter’s projector, cords, and screen, bringing to meetings in case needed
- Storing inventory of napkins, plates, cups, plastic tablecloths, etc. and bringing to lunch meetings as needed.
Audio-Visual Set-up Volunteers:
- Setting up chapter’s projector & screens, tests microphones, etc. (with ultimate goal to handle online connection to provide hybrid meetings).
Check-in and Greeter Volunteers:
- Staffing table (2 people), checking in each arrival, capturing email addresses
- Recording final attendance tally to give to library/advise chapter President
- Notifying program planner if inventory of HLAS brochures running low for reorder
- Purchasing refreshments (bottled water & coffee), picking up on meeting days
- Setting up refreshment table (by 10:20 a.m. for arrivals)
- For some events: ordering & purchasing lunch, picking up food, soft drinks, ice.
- Providing treasurer with receipts for reimbursement
Community Outreach Event Volunteers:
- Obtains supplies (HLAS Tablecloth and brochures) from program site manager and sets up table
- Speaks to groups and/or hands out HLAS literature to attendees at community events
- Invites attendees to next monthly educational meeting
- Works with HLAS Board members on updating website content
- Updates calendar, enters educational program dates
- Obtains meeting notice flyer from chapter secretary, puts on home page monthly
Photography & Public Relations Volunteers:
- Takes photos at meetings, emails to president, website manager, and to Joanne DeVries for Facebook
Please remember, most volunteer tasks do not require a long commitment of time or energy and provide the added benefit of making you feel more a part of the local chapter. And don’t worry; you will always be paired with another chapter volunteer to provide guidance and support.
We hope you would be willing to share your time and talents. And it’s a great way to meet new people.
Volunteering can make a positive impact in the lives of others with your time, experience and passion.
To learn more about the various volunteer opportunities available, and to tell us a bit about your skills and interests, please download this form, fill it out and return it to [email protected] if you can pay it forward with your time to help educate and advocate for the 145,000 community members with hearing loss. Please type OFFER TO VOLUNTEER in the subject heading of your email message.
HLAA-Sarasota/Manatee hosts monthly meetings, organizes social events and participates in community outreach. Since resuming face-to-face meetings and activities post-COVID, the Board is committed to continuing that growth. In order to accomplish this, your support is necessary.