TAKE BACK YOUR LIFE WITH A MEMBERSHIP – OR GIVE A GIFT MEMBERSHIP!
The Sarasota/Manatee Chapter and HLAA Dual Membership is the holiday bargain of the year!
HLAA of America gives back all year long–
• Provide timely and reliable information about hearing loss through HLAA’s website, Hearing Loss Magazine, HLAA e-News, the Hearing Loss Support Specialist Training, message boards/chat forums and the HLAA Convention
• Advocacy at the national level to affect legislation that impacts people with hearing loss, whether it’s funding for hearing aids, cochlear implants, communication access in public places or other important issues
• A nationwide network of chapters and state organizations providing peer support
• Support for parents of children with hearing loss at www.kidsandhearingloss.org
• Outreach to veterans returning with hearing loss
Our Chapter and its volunteers give back every month
• Captioning and hearing assistive technology at HLAA chapter meetings to make them accessible
• Scholarships to the National HLAA Convention
• Free membership and programs for Veterans
• Installation of loops in public places, such as theatres, community rooms, Publix and public libraries
• Seminars on coping with hearing loss for yourself and families
Membership applications can be found at the Chapter website, http://hlas.org/ and a gift of HLAA membership at — https://17291.thankyou4caring.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=410
MEMBERSHIP NOTE – RENEWALS AND NEW MEMBERSHIPS
Our memberships are dual memberships in both the HLAA and the HLAA Sarasota/Manatee Chapter. Veterans are free!
Join now and get the HLAA “Hearing Loss Magazine”. Keep up with the technology!
The cost is $35 for an Individual membership, $45 for a Couple.
Among the many functions of HLAA National is the lobbying for people with hearing loss to have equal access in public venues. Note—your renewal notices will come from HLAA in Bethesda–if you do not get one, please let us know.
By the way, the free Players Theatre tickets (looped so you hear and understand every word) and the $10 Van Wezel tickets (one or two events in a looped theater) are worth the membership fee.
NEW PERK!!! Also members receive 20% off the assistive and communication products sold by Harris Communications— https://www.harriscomm.com/
Welcome to the Hearing Loss Association of America – Sarasota/Manatee Chapter (HLAA-Sarasota/Manatee), the leading organization for people with hearing loss in Sarasota and Manatee counties.
As a member of HLAA-Sarasota/Manatee you are part of an organization with a mission to provide information, support and advocacy to people with hearing loss. Through our advocacy work at the federal level (HLAA), we represent 48 million people with hearing loss in the United States.
As a member of HLAA-Sarasota/Manatee, you will also be supporting our on-going mission to provide greater hearing access in theatres, community venues, houses of worship and throughout the community as we represent the over 145,000 people with hearing loss in Sarasota and Manatee Counties. One out of five people in the two counties has a hearing loss, so you are not alone.
All our monthly meetings also provide Hearing Loop and CART (Captions) support so you will not miss a word from our expert speakers.
Please go to Membership Online! link to fill out and pay online.
For a HLAA Professional Membership application, Click here