TAKE BACK YOUR LIFE WITH A MEMBERSHIP – OR GIVE A GIFT MEMBERSHIP!
The Sarasota/Manatee Chapter and HLAA Dual Membership is the gift bargain of the year!
HLAA of America gives back all year long–
• Provide timely and reliable information about hearing loss through HLAA’s website, Hearing Life Magazine, HLAA e-News, the Hearing Loss Support Specialist Training, message boards/chat forums and the HLAA Convention
• Advocacy at the national level to affect legislation that impacts people with hearing loss, whether it’s funding for hearing aids, cochlear implants, communication access in public places or other important issues
• A nationwide network of chapters and state organizations providing peer support
• Support for parents of children with hearing loss at www.kidsandhearingloss.org
• Outreach to veterans returning with hearing loss. Our Chapter and its volunteers give back every month
• Captioning and hearing assistive technology at HLAA chapter meetings to make them accessible
• Free membership and programs for Veterans
• Installation of loops in public places, such as theatres, community rooms, Publix and public libraries
• Seminars on coping with hearing loss for yourself and families
Membership applications can be found at: https://www.hearingloss.org/make-an-impact/become-a-memberrenew/ and a gift of membership at: https://17291.thankyou4caring.org/sslpage.aspx?pid=410
MEMBERSHIP NOTE – RENEWALS AND NEW MEMBERSHIPS
Our memberships are dual memberships in both the HLAA and the HLAA Sarasota/Manatee Chapter.
Veterans are free for the first year!
Join now and get the HLAA “Hearing Life Magazine”. Keep up with the technology!
The cost is $35 for an Individual membership, $45 for a Couple.
Among the many functions of HLAA National is the lobbying for people with hearing loss to have equal access in public venues. Note—your renewal notices will come from HLAA in Bethesda–if you do not get one, please let us know.
By the way, the Chapter receives free tickets to the Players Theatre, which has a hearing loop to help you hear better, and $10 Van Wezel (one of the largest looped theaters in the nation) tickets to one or two events are worth the membership fee.
Also, members receive 20% off the assistive and communication products sold by Harris Communications — https://www.harriscomm.com/.
Membership applications can be found at the Chapter website, https://hlas.org/